This recipe combines 3 of my favorite ingredients onto pizza dough to make a sweet, savory, and spicy pizza for friends and family to enjoy.
2 red pears, sliced thin
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
6 very thin slices of prosciutto
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
3 pieces of whole wheat Naan bread (or fresh dough from Publix Deli)
¼ cup olive oil or as needed
3 tablespoon. coconut oil
3 tablespoon. honey
1 tablespoon dry rosemary
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cups arugula microgreens
Butter (to saute pears)
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
– Cook onion on med heat with a little coconut oil till soft and just starting to caramelize.
While onions cook cut pears lengthwise in thin slices, remove any core. and cut those pieces into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
– Set aside cooked onion and add to pan a little more coconut oil and or butter, place pears in pan in single layers and cook on both sides till just starting to soften. You may have to do a few batches.
– Meanwhile whisk olive oil, honey and rosemary in a bowl. Brush both sides of your naan bread with the mixture, place on cookie sheet or pizza stone and cook 4 to 5 min on each side.
– While naan is cooking, finish pears and tear prosciutto into small strips. Layer ingredients on naan bread as followed: spread cheese, top with onions then pears and last the prosciutto. Put your pizzas back in the oven for about 10 min or until cheese is melted and prosciutto is starting to crisp.
– Add some balsamic vinegar to the olive oil mixture. Top pizzas with arugula microgreens and a little fresh basil cut in strips, then drizzle pizza with olive oil mixture.
We already have a growing social media presence on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest. We will also be working with great companies like Amazon.com and YouTube in the hopes these ventures can help us afford this website and help us earn a little online income for our many projects. If you are looking for a book or some of the equipment we use on the farm, please use the links and advertisements found on the site.