Homegrown Microgreens Salad
Microgreens are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup of microgreens
- 1 blood orange, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot or daikon radish
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove chopped garlic (optional)
- A dash of salt and pepper
- If your microgreens have some soil on them, give them a light wash and air dry them in a colander for a few moments. (They are very fragile so need to be handled with care).
- Place them in a bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Stir up your vinaigrette in a little jar and pour on top of the salad.
Yield: 1-2 servings
Recipe from http://www.pbs.org/food/kitchen-vignettes/homegrown-microgreens-salad/
We already have a growing social media presence on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest. We will also be working with great companies like Amazon.com and YouTube in the hopes these ventures can help us afford this website and help us earn a little online income for our many projects. If you are looking for a book or some of the equipment we use on the farm, please use the links and advertisements found on the site.