Microgreens are a healthy snack which can be eaten right out of the bag or added to your favorite soup, salad, or sandwich. Here are some examples of the benefits of microgreens in your diet.
- Broccoli Microgreens are full of vitamin C and Sulforaphane, which contains anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, and anti-microbial properties.
- Sunflower Shoots have Vitamin D, chlorophyll, complete proteins, and Amino Acids.
- Wheatgrass Juice offers several nutritional and medicinal benefits listed here. Wheatgrass juice can help increase red blood cell count, lower blood pressure, stimulate the thyroid gland, detoxify the liver, and so much more.
- Pea Shoots offer fiber, Vitamin C, Iron, and folic acid.
**Here are some other nutritional benefits of Microgreens that Web MD has discovered through research:
- “The microgreens were four- to 40-fold more concentrated with nutrients than their mature counterparts,” says researcher Qin Wang, PhD, assistant professor at the University of Maryland in College Park. “When we first got the results we had to rush to double and triple check them.” (Warner, 2012).
- “Vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin E levels were highest among red cabbage, garnet amaranth, and green daikon radish microgreens. Cilantro microgreens were richest in terms of lutein and beta-carotene.” (Warner, 2012).
We already have a growing social media presence on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest. We will also be working with great companies like Amazon.com and YouTube in the hopes these ventures can help us afford this website and help us earn a little online income for our many projects. If you are looking for a book or some of the equipment we use on the farm, please use the links and advertisements found on the site.