Farm Goals 2017
Starting a new adventure in 2017 begins with setting goals on the farm. I am still waiting for that perfect house buyer to put in an offer on the house I have lived in for the last 5 years. Waiting, waiting, waiting…..
Here is a list of farm goals for 2017.
- Soil testing – I do not know what kind of soil amendments are needed until a soil test has been done on the new farm.
- Purchase much needed farm equipment – walk-in cooler, Jang JP-1 Seeder, Tilther
- Setup permanent beds in field #1 – This field was used in the past but has been out of production for a few years. A deep till is needed along with formation of permanent beds. After that has been done, I will cover the beds with silage tarp to suppress weeds and keep the soil dry for Spring planting.
- Move blueberry bushes to a new home – I have 7 large blueberry bushes which must be moved to a new location on the farm. The area where they are growing now will be the future home of a lean-to greenhouse attached to the post-processing building.
- Build lean-to greenhouse – This greenhouse will be used to start seeds for transplanting into the garden as well as used for our up-coming expansion into microgreens.
Looking for Comments
This list is not the entire list of projects and tasks needed on the farm but it is currently the top priority for getting started in 2017. My goal for the farm is to be ready for production early Spring and to begin a more comprehensive list later this year. If any of my readers have comments or ideas please let me know by commenting on this post.
We already have a growing social media presence on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest. We will also be working with great companies like Amazon.com and YouTube in the hopes these ventures can help us afford this website and help us earn a little online income for our many projects. If you are looking for a book or some of the equipment we use on the farm, please use the links and advertisements found on the site.