I know I’ve been slacking a little bit on the blog posts but I have a good excuse. I will outline this excuse to you below in the hopes that you will forgive me for not posting enough great articles for all to read.
To Do List
- Design and build a new flower bed in front of house and remove dying azaleas
- Design and build a new flower bed around cherry tree in front yard
- Build a new fence around back yard (338 feet of fencing needed)
- Plan and plant vegetable garden
- Drywall garage and paint
- Replace garage floor with new epoxy floor
- Hardwood floors throughout house
- Expand lower level of house into one large room (replace full bath downstairs with half bath)
- Tile Master Bathroom floor and replace/expand the shower
- Tile kitchen floor
- Replace decking and expand back deck
- Replace front porch and stairs
- Plant flowers around mailbox
- Move unknown species of climbing rose bushes near back walk and replace with something new
- Build irrigation system for new garden plots
- Move landscape timbers from old garden and build new strawberry planter. Plant grass and flowers next to pool
- Replace roof
- Replace garage doors and openers
- Remove two trees and grind stumps in front yard
That’s not even all of it. I hope everyone can be patient for a few more weeks while I work on the vegetable garden design and order some seeds. I plan on spreading some compost over the garden plots as well as work in some peat to help with the drainage of the red clay soil we have in Georgia. I would like to get my tomato plants in the ground sometime in March and I really need to work some peas and lettuces into this plan.
As always, if you enjoyed this post please Like It and Share It by clicking on the social media buttons. Pictures of the garden plots are coming in the next post if it will stop raining long enough to actually get some work done in the garden.